The Association of Performing Arts Collections (APAC) encourages members to apply for a bursary to support attendance at APAC meetings and other relevant events. APAC has ring-fenced funds to provide travel bursaries for members.
Bursaries can cover modest travel expenses and the event registration fee (when applicable) at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
What events are eligible?
- All APAC events
- SIBMAS biennial conference
- Events organised by an APAC member
- Other Performing Arts Collections related events, at the discretion of the Executive Committee
What does the bursary cover?
- Complete or partial costs of travel
- Accommodation, if this represents better value
- Event registration fee
- Other costs at the discretion of the Executive Committee
Who can apply for a travel bursary?
- Anyone who has been a member of APAC for 12 months (including Institutional Membership)
- Only one Institutional member can receive a bursary for each event
- An Individual or Student member cannot receive a bursary if they have been awarded one in the last two years
- An Institutional member may be eligible for a bursary if another individual from the same institution was awarded a bursary within the last two years
How much is the bursary?
- The applicant may apply for up to £150 per bursary
- Higher levels of bursary may be offered in special circumstances, for example for international events, at the discretion of the Executive Committee
How is the award of the bursary decided?
- APAC’s elected Executive Committee makes the final decision on awarding bursary
- In cases of high demand, applicants who have not received a bursary in the previous three years will be prioritised
How is the bursary paid?
- The applicant forwards receipts to the APAC Treasurer, who reimburses the costs after the event by bank transfer or cheque payment
- If the applicant is not able to attend the event, we regret that travel expenses cannot be reimbursed.
Applications should be submitted at least one month before a UK-based event, and at least three months before an international event.
Executive Committee decisions are final. Where applications have been received from members of the Executive Committee or their affiliate institutions, the relevant member of the Executive Committee will have no part in the discussion to award the travel bursary.
If you have any questions or would like any further information about Travel Bursary, please contact email@example.com.
Last updated October 2019.