APAC Symposium 2017: Call for Papers
Bridging the Gap: the Role of the Archivist and the Researcher
18 July 2017, 11am-4pm, University of Leeds
Call for Papers
APAC’s annual symposium will this year focus on the relationship between archivists and researchers and we will hear from both sides of the research room desk.
We’d love for our members to get involved by sharing your experiences of this kind of activity, joint presentations are very welcome. Your paper could cover any of the following, or another aspect of working with researchers:
Are you a researcher who:
- Wants to discuss access to collections?
- Has ideas on collection development or how to promote collections more broadly?
- Has worked in a collaborative way with an archive?
Are you an archivist who:
- Has worked innovatively with the research community?
- Gained funding for a research project within your archive?
The APAC ExCom are very much looking forward to receiving proposals for papers of 15–30 minutes from our members.
The travel expenses of speakers will be covered by APAC (up to a total of £100).
Please submit an abstract of no more than 200 words along with an indication of the length of talk you would like to give to email@example.com by 5pm Monday 12 June.
If you have any questions then please email Erin Lee, APAC Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.